A&E has shut down production of an upcoming home renovation show, due to one of its stars being arrested earlier this week on charges of sexual assault on a minor.
Christopher Dionne, who was filming Home Rescue for the FYI network around the time of his arrest, turned himself in to Connecticut police on Monday when a warrant was issued for his arrest. He was charged with fourth-degree sexual assault and risk of injury to a minor, according to Fox News.
“In light of the allegations which just came to light, we are suspending production on the series,” a spokesman for the network told TheWrap on Monday.
The charges came after the 10-year-old alleged victim told a social worker that Christopher touched her inappropriately and took photos of her with his cell phone while she was attending a sleepover party for Christopher’s daughter on November 25. The victim also claimed that Christopher asked her to look at his genitals, and asked her to “kiss” them on another occasion in September.
According to Us Weekly, the alleged victim’s mother called police on November 27. Police went to Christopher’s home three days later, but he was in Santa Monica, California, filming ‘House Rescue’.
Christopher called the police from California, but told a different story about his interaction with the girl.
“Dionne told authorities that the girl was lying down and placed her hand around his waist and began rubbing his stomach,” Us Weekly reported the arrest report read. “According to Dionne, he moved the supposed victim’s arm away and told her, ‘That’s inappropriate.’ When she allegedly did it again, he told her, ‘That’s big girl stuff.’ Dionne claimed that the girl turned over and began to cry — he started rubbing her back and told her to go to sleep before he went to his bedroom.”
Christopher was previously seen on an HGTV pilot called Family Flip, which he starred on alongside his twin brother Michael in 2015.
On Tuesday, HGTV released a statement to NBC Connecticut.
“The person you reference in your inquiry appeared in a pilot that premiered on our network more than 2-1/2 years ago. The pilot was not picked up for series and is no longer on our air,” the network said.
Michael has yet to comment publicly on his brother’s arrest. A Twitter account for the brothers has not been used since 2015.
Christopher has been released on $100,000 bond and is due back in court on February 14.
(Photos: Connecticut State Police, HGTV)