Please Please PLEASE stop singing Stevie Wonder songs. Seriously, every season the contestants decide that they must show off their musical chops, if you will, by singing a Stevie Wonder song. It must be stopped. How many freaking times must we be subjected to hearing “Superstition” before we all go hang ourselves in our closets?!?!?
The Ashley likes Stevie Wonder as much as the next guy, and has even been known to jam in her car to Megan Joy‘s version of “For Once in My Life” from Idol Season 8. However, must someone sing a Stevie song every single week on every single season of American Idol? Seriously, is it in the contract or something??!?
Please give it a rest, for the love of God. Please do not consider singing the following songs on American Idol for the rest of this season:
- “My Cherie Amour” (mostly because I f’ing hate that song)
- “Superstition” (if I hear that performed by an Idol one more time I will crash through my TV and strangle the performer with their own microphone cord.
- “Signed, Sealed, Delivered I’m Yours”
- “You Are the Sunshine of My Life”
- “Isn’t She Lovely?”
- “I Just Called to Say I Love You”
Make it stop. You have the power to put a lid on the Stevie Wonder Overload.
If you would do that for me, it would be WONDERful.
P.S. The Ashley plans to keep a running total of all of the Stevie songs performed on American Idol this season. If you can believe it, we are already up to 8!!!!!