Everyone’s favorite doctor to the stars, Dr. Drew, is back, with a brand-new season of Celebrity Rehab starting this Sunday. If the first episode is any indication of what the rest of the season will be like, this may be the most dramatic season yet (and that’s saying something!)
In the season premiere, Michael Lohan (a.k.a Lindsay’s Daddy Dearest) makes a shocking revelation to Dr. Drew that he attempted suicide back in the 1980s.
“I lost it,” he said in a recent interview. “[I] Went on a (drinking) binge for like, eight to ten months. Everything started falling apart. I was kind of on the run from the Feds [for insider trading charges], and Dina and I separated.
“I finally sat in my room and put a gun to my head. A 44 magnum. I pulled the trigger. It didn’t go off. I put it down on the table and boom, it went off. It went through a picture, through the garage, through the car window and into a tree,” he said.
Michael, along with six others (sort of) celebrities, will be featured on the show during their treatment with Dr. Drew at the Pasadena Recovery Center in Southern California.
Michael’s roomies will include:
- Amy Fisher (“Long Island Lolita”): If you’re under 25, you are probably too young to remember this person, but it was a big deal in the 1990s. Basically, when she was a teenager she busted a cap in the face of her much-older lover’s wife. She went to jail, became a porn star and is now an alcoholic. (She’s officially completed the white-trash trifecta!)
- Bai Ling (Actress, Accomplished Slutty Dresser): Bai was in movies such as “The Crow” and “Red Corner” but she’s more well-known for the HO-tastic outfits she likes to wear to red carpet events. Apparently, she also likes the alcohol. A lot. Unfortunately, she’s allergic to booze, making her situation even worse.
- Jeremy Jackson (“Baywatch”): This is not the life that Mitch Buchanan would have dreamed up for his little Hobie. Jeremy played the son of David Hasselhoff on “Baywatch” for many years and later battled a mean crystal meth addiction in 2000. He got sober, got in shape and bulked up. (And appeared on various crappy VH-1 shows in the meantime!) Now he’s addicted to performance-enhancing drugs.
- Jessica “Sugar” Kiper: (“Survivor”): “Sugar” was the cute pin-up model-esque girl from “Survivor: Gabon.” She’s recently put on a little weight and now we know why: she recently admitted that she consumes an eighth of marijuana every two days and hasn’t been sober even one day in the last two years. Someone’s had the munchies…bad!
- Dwight Gooden (Baseball player): I’m guessing this would be someone The Ashley would know if she enjoyed the sports? Apparently, Dwight used to play for the New York Mets in the 1980s. Nowadays, he spends his days knocking back cocaine and sleeping pills and washing it down with alcohol.
- Sean Young (“Blade Runner”): Sean (it’s a girl, not a guy) has been kooky for many, many years. A few years back she got kicked out of an awards ceremony for heckling one of the winners during his acceptance speech. She enjoys “nipping at the cooking sherry” a bit too much. (That was what my grandma used to say about people who were drunks.)
- Steven Adler (Guns ‘N’ Roses): Steven’s making his ‘Celebrity Rehab’ comeback, having participated in season 2 of the show. (Guess that worked out well for him). He also starred in show “Sober House” until he was arrested for assaulting the sober house manager. Sounds like a lovely guy.
Dr. Drew certainly has his work cut out for him.