The Ashley endured physical agony (hey, sitting in a folding chair for 12 hours counts as physical agony) to attend the Teen Mom 2 Season 1 finale taping. It was worth it, because she got to see (and hear) a TON of great stuff that you won’t see on film when you watch the actual finale special!Luckily for you, she’s willing to tell you a lot of the stuff she saw!!!!
The Ashley arrived at the studio (it was filmed in Glendale, not Hollywood, FYI…not very glamorous!) and saw Jenelle outside smoking with her friend (not sure of her name, but she has some pretty horrible bows tattooed on the backs of her calves….those are NOT going to be cute when she gets old and fat!)
The Ashley is surprised that Jenelle is just a little pip-squeak of a thing…much smaller than she appears on TV.
The Ashley got her first glimpse of the rest of the cast when they came into the audience holding room to raid the snack table.
Here are my impressions:
** Leah: Was also much, much smaller in person than you would expect. She is totally pocket-sized. She appears to have hit the AMBO self-tanner hard before she came to the reunion show.
** Chelsea: The first thing I thought when I saw Chelsea was, “Giiiirlll…that hair needs to GO.” Seriously. Worst.extensions.Ever. It looks like a creepy bleached blond Little Mermaid wig.
** Joe (Kail’s Baby-Daddy): Seemed like a very tense person. He also seemed like he didn’t want to be there. Being around him too much would make me nervous because he’s so intense.
** Jordan (Kail’s Boyfriend): This guy is like 8 feet tall. You can’t tell from TV but he is huge! He was sporting some bright neon yellow Nikes during taping. They blinded me, but they were pretty awesome.
** Corey: Poor Corey seems a little overwhelmed by all this fame. He always had this look on his face that was like “I can’t believe these people all want to hear what I have to say.” He seemed like a really nice guy, and as I said in the other post, you can tell just by looking at him that he is completely, utterly in love with Leah. Sooo cute. (Oh, and he was not wearing the “coon hunter” shirt or any camouflaged attire, just so you know. The Ashley was disappointed by this. She wanted to get a picture with the coon hunter shirt.)
Anyway, here’s some stuff that you will NOT be seeing when the Teen Mom 2 finale airs:
- Dr. Drew telling the audience that he keeps in touch with many of the Teen Moms, and that Farrah and Catelynn call him all the time. Of course, The Ashley had to ask him what he thinks about AMBO and he just shook his head and said, “Amber. Poor Amber.” LOL!! He was very professional though, saying that she has a lot of resources available to her if she wants to use them. AMBO does not call Dr. Drew.
- Leah getting very upset when the producers insisted that she talk about Baby Ali’s medical problems. She asked several times if it was really necessary. I felt bad for her.
- Chelsea and Kail leaving the set after taping the opening segment and immediately asking for their phones! Those chicks are Twitter-crazy I guess!
- Leah wore super-cute heels on-set, but apparently they were killing her feet and she limped off stage after each segment and ended up going barefoot!
- The feeling in the room totally changed when Jenelle‘s mom Barbara came on set…you could cut the tension with a knife. In fact, Jenelle asked to stop filming and threatened to walk off the set a few times!
- Barbara‘s accent is just as strange in person as it is on TV. That makes The Ashley happy.
- Barbara and Jenelle were pretty much wearing matching outfits: tight black jeans, boots and stretchy floral tops. Maybe they’re more alike than they thought, eh?
- Dr. Drew having deep discussions with each girl during commercial breaks. He seemed genuinely concerned with each girl’s situation. I seriously heart him even more now.
- Kail said she hated the picture they had chosen for the blown-up picture for the set because it made her nose look weird. (They did choose a very unflattering photo of her, which I don’t understand.)
- Baby Aubree was almost kicked off set at the end because she was screaming. She wasn’t being bad, she just wanted to be with her “boyfriend” Baby Jace. (At one point, the producer was like, “We have to lose this kid.”)
- Leah & Corey’s girls sitting quietly in their parents’ laps…those little girls are angels! I never heard a peep out of either one of them, despite the hot lights, the audience and the other screaming babies.
- Chelsea’s dad, Randy, barely able to look at Adam in the break room. There is a ton of tension there, it’s not just for the camera, believe me.
- Joe saying he’s never met Kail‘s new boyfriend, Jordan. I find that hard to believe because they were both in the green room for long periods of time.
- Dr. Drew telling Adam that he really f**ked up the situation with Chelsea. I found that funny. Dr. Drew cusses a lot, but I think it’s to get the people on stage talking. Some of them were dead fish….