There have been five seasons of the controversial reality show 16 and Pregnant. (We’re still waiting for that sixth season you promised us, MTV!) The show, which premiered in 2009, has been a big hit for MTV and today enjoys a cult following unlike any show The Ashley has ever written about.
While we have been able to keep up with eight girls from 16 and Pregnant, following their lives via Teen Mom and Teen Mom 2, fans can’t help but wonder what’s happened to the other girls who once starred on the show. While The Ashley does her best to keep you updated on all the other girls, she felt it was time to update her ’16 and Pregnant: By the Numbers’ post from several years ago.
How many girls from the show have gotten pregnant again? (Hint: it’s a lot!) How many have gotten married? Who still has custody of their kids? Use The Ashley’s stats below to find out everything you’ve ever wanted to know about what happened to the girls of ’16 and Pregnant.’
The Girls of 16 & Pregnant: Where Are They Now?
*There have been 59 girls featured on ’16 & Pregnant.’
- Of those girls, 95% (56 girls) chose to parent their babies
- 5% (3 girls) chose adoption
*25% (15 girls) have married their baby’s father
- 10 of those marriages have ended in divorce or separation
- 5 are still married
* 75% (44 girls) never married their baby’s father
*Only 17% (10 girls) are currently still with their baby’s father from the show. 83% (49 girls) are no longer with their baby’s father.
* 2 girls have had their baby’s father die
* 17% (10 girls) have married someone else since the show. 12% (7 girls) are currently engaged.
*14% (8 girls) have lost custody of their baby (born on the show) at some point since the show. (Not counting the girls who chose adoption)
*There have been 62 babies born on ’16 & Pregnant.’ There have been an equal amount of girls and boys born on the show.
- 50% have been girls (31 babies)
- 50% have been boys (31 babies)
*There have been 3 sets of twins born on the show.
*The most common baby names featured on the show are Ayden and Aubrey, with 3 girls naming their babies each of those names (although they are spelled differently.)
*53% (31 girls) have had a second child (or are expecting a second child currently)
- 13 of those girls got pregnant by the same guy who fathered their first child
- 18 had their second child with a different guy
*47% (28 girls) from the show still have only one child
*12% (7 girls) have had (or are expecting) a third child. (This doesn’t count miscarriages/abortions.)
Wanna see The Ashley’s “By the Numbers” posts for other reality shows? Click here!