For the first time in the history of The Bachelorette, Chris Harrison will not be there to let us know when it’s the last rose of the night or to declare the season to be “the most dramatic ever.”
On Friday, ABC Entertainment and Warner Horizon announced via social media that Chris will not be hosting the upcoming next season of ‘The Bachelorette.’
This announcement comes weeks after Chris stated that he was “stepping aside” temporarily from the franchise, following a heap of controversy surrounding comments Chris made during an interview with former ‘Bachelorette’ Rachel Lindsay. During the interview, Chris defended contestant Racheal Kirkconnell when she had been labelled racist due to the resurfacing of questionable old photos.
“Chris Harrison will not be hosting the next season of The Bachelorette,” the companies said in the statement. “We support Chris in the work that he is committed to doing.”
The companies also announced who would (sort of) replace Chris during the next season of ‘The Bachelorette.’
“In his absence, former Bachelorettes Tayshia Adams and Kaitlyn Bristowe will support the new Bachelorette through next season,” the statement reads. “As we continue the dialogue around achieving greater equity and inclusion within ‘The Bachelor’ franchise, we are dedicated to improving the BIPOC representation of our crew, including among the executive producer ranks. These are important steps in effecting fundamental change so that our franchise is a celebration of love that is reflective of our world.”
While Tayshia and Kaitlyn will be “supporting” the new Bachelorette, it is unknown if one or both of them will also host the show.
During an interview on Good Morning America earlier this month, Chris stated that he wants to return to the franchise and that he intends to.
“I believe that mistake doesn’t reflect who I am or what I stand for. I am committed to the progress, not just for myself but also for the franchise,” he said during his interview with ‘GMA’ host Michael Strahan. “And this is a franchise that has been a part of my life for the better part of 20 years and I love it.”
Chris has not commented on the network’s latest statement.
(Photos: ABC; Instagram)